Lewes District Churches





‘Helping People into Housing’

Can you help ME - how do I apply?

For us to help you, you must: How do I apply?

You must first establish that Lewes District Council has no statutory responsibility to house you.

This means applying to the Housing Needs Department or telephoning the Housing Advice Line on 01273 484001.

If the Council thinks that you may be eligible, you will be given an application form to complete and return to HOMELINK at:

208 High Street,
School Hill,
East Sussex

You may then be invited to attend an interview either in Lewes, Seaford or Newhaven, where you application will be discussed further.

You will not be given cash, but a cheque payable to the landlord or agent will be provided.

You will have to sign a repayment agreement; you may want to obtain legal advice before doing so